The International Introduction to Investment is a qualification for the needs of new entrants to the investment industry. This qualification provides a comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry with a specific focus on investments from a global perspective.
It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services industry operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems. This qualification offers a first introduction to financial services regulation focusing on financial crime, insider trading and market abuse, and provides candidates with an understanding of ethical behavior and acting with integrity.
|Chapter No.||Areas Covered||Weights (%)|
|1||Financial Services Industry.||4|
|3||Financial Assets and Markets.||14|
|8||Regulation and Ethics.||10|
|9||Other Financial Products.||12|
Who should study for International Introduction to Investment?
The qualification is intended for new entrants and staff who are beginning their career in the financial services industry. The broad topics covered make the qualification suitable for all staff, not just those responsible for making investment decisions, including administration, finance and accounting, IT, customer service, sales and marketing and HR and training.
- Advanced level graduates considering a career in finance and investments.
- Fresh university graduates or final year students looking to enter the investment industry.
- New employees in brokerage, financial planning, investment advisory, wealth management and asset management industry.
- Ideally suited to form part of an induction program taken by all new employees in the investment industry
Eligibility to study International Introduction to Investment
- Requires no previous skills or qualifications
How is the qualification structured?
- CISI Membership
Successful completion of the International Introduction to Investment will enable you be eligible for Affiliate membership of the CISI. Membership enables you to develop your career, increase your competence and maintain the highest standards of personal integrity.
The free professional benefits assists you to keep up to date with the industry.
Visit – cisi.org/membership
- Further CISI Qualifications
Completing this foundation qualification will give you access to numerous other CISI qualifications including the full Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
How is the examinations structured?
The assessment is a computer based examination which can be taken at the CISI’s Computer based test (CBT) Centre in Colombo.
- One-hour paper
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- Pass mark of 70%
- Results will be provided immediately
Examinations can be taken at your convenience, after the completion of the program.
Simply send us your details, we will get back to you with more information.
Or just call us, our programme coordinators will guide you through!
Why study International Introduction to Investment?
The International Introduction to Investment offers a broad introduction to the financial services professional sector, with a specific focus on investments from a global perspective. It is the foundation exam for many higher level CISI qualifications.
The qualification focuses on international markets and covers key financial principles and products in depth including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives and investment funds. It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services profession operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems. The qualification offers an introduction to financial services regulation and ensures candidates are provided with an understanding of ethical behavior and acting with integrity.
- International Introduction to Investment Global recognition
- Requires no previous skills or qualifications
- Overview of all areas of investments (with international focus)
- Free CISI Student membership
- If you successfully complete the International Introduction to Investment you will be eligible for Affiliate membership of the CISI.
- The CISI has a variety of tools and information available to help you in the preparation for sitting your exam. You can find sample papers, study tips and exam information – all located in one place, visit cisi.org/mystudy
Academy of Finance Study Programme
Academy of Finance provides a comprehensive teaching programme covering 50 teaching hours in 20 three hour study sessions. This includes the core material coverage, guest lectures and comprehensive revision sessions. Estimated additional study time will be 100 hours.
Classes will be staring on the 27th October and held on Tuesday from 7.00 pm to 9.30 pm at Academy of Finance Premises.
It is recommended that a prospective candidate should have a reasonable exposure to wealth management.
Next Step – After completion
- CISI membership – Upon successful completion of the ICWIM you will be eligible to become an Associate member of the Institute and you will be entitled to use the designatory letters, ACSI.
- Higher level qualifications – International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management (ICAWM)
- Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification – the qualification offers wealth managers (including discretionary portfolio managers, private bankers, IFAs and others dealing with high net worth clients) a postgraduate level specialist qualification encompassing the breadth of knowledge needed to provide a high quality service to clients.